1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Burger King?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clark lawn, Dec 18, 2005.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Does anyone know how BURGER KING contracts are through? The one down the street has not been plowed yet even though we have had 3 plowable snows. Right now it is solid ice and very slick had to use 4wd to get out because of slight grade at entrance/exit. Talked to manager she said she thinks someone is doing it doesn't know who or how to contact them about it. Just wondering if it is worth trying to pursue.

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I don't know about your area but here, all the Burger Kings are privately owned. Now granted alot of them have more than one restaurant but they are all franchised out. You just need to find out who owns them but chances are whoever is plowing that location is doing just they way the owners want them to, cheap!!! The BK's here all look like ice skating rinks too.

3. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

I have a Burger King contract, just went to the manager and spoke with him. It's actually one of my higher contracts (not cheap!). Anyways good luck and Happy Holidays! Ray:drinkup:

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Go into the restaurant.

There should be a sign somewhere around the front / exit, that says something like.... "If you have any concerns or questions, call / contact xxx-xxx-xxxx".

If not, tell the manager that you have a complaint and would like to talk to someone at district / regional.

5. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

The one by us is a skating rink to, plowed but poorly.
    James

6. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We do 6 of them.. They are corporate through regional offices..

Can't vouch for any area other than Western NY

7. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

If you dont mind me asking, how much do you get out of them plow/salt?

8. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

You won't get a lot, Salt is one of those things that only a store/district manager can ask for(too much cost). The District manager you could talk to he is probably the one who deals with contracts.

9. durchins

durchins Member

I might know the owner of that Burger King. He is the largest franchise in the country and I am sure he would like to know about the condition of his lot. Get me the address and I will forward him your contact info.

10. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Frankly, it's all about how you sell it. I know the owner of the company that plowed 6 BK's in Southern NH for the last 10 years. They used to spare no expense when it came to Winter Management. They got a new district manager this year, and he apparently doesn't know what liability is. This year they went with a low baller, no salt, and they are skating rinks. Once the first slip and fall suit with his name on it is filed, he'll change his tune.

I've had tremedous success convincing business owners and managers the benefits of salt simply by toting liability reduction.

11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Same here, but I don't know about your area.

12. SCL

SCL Senior Member

DLCS,
    Be careful dude LOL, I do the one in my town , and its contracted through a management company, just like MRpd says. I was contacted late after thet couldn't contact last years guy, who I know and tried to contact for them. I then accepted the lot, but bid it just a little cheaper than I should. Not cutting throats, just misfigured my time some. I'll adjust that next year. As MRpd said, they stated specifically in my contract that THEY would call me when they wanted to be salted, and gave me the 3 names of those authorized to give the okay. I then told them and put in writing that I accept no liabilty and if they call that I would not break away from my route just to salt them. They were good with that so here we are. You know what its like to sell salt around here! Anyway, thanks for the concern.

Scott

13. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

talked to store supervisior today they have a contract with someone they have 6 locations toghther 4" trigger and no salt(thinks its a waste of money) and he is the only one that can authorize anything else and he is not even around here