1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bunch of bent parts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by harborcovemgmt, Feb 5, 2009.

1. harborcovemgmt

harborcovemgmt Junior Member

2005 Jeep Wrangler

Meyer tm 6.5 Plow

Well long story short. I was plowing one of my accounts today for like the 20th time this season and someone must of knocked over one on my marker sticks.

Well I was clearing the lot and hit a curb on the driver side at about 10-12 mph with the blade straight. Jeep swung around about 90 degree. Scared the **** out of me.

Well ended up the left angle ram bent and is leaking, A Frame is slightly bent to were the new ram wont line up, and the bracket that actually bolts to the truck the left side support on the rear of the bracket that hook to the rear of the frame is bent. Im just hoping the actual frame on the Jeep is alright. Its weird because when you look at the bracket on the Jeep with the plow off, it doesnt look bent at all? Ill post a pic

So im guessing this is going to be a costly fix. What I dont understand is why the Pop of pressure thing didnt let the blade turn because I wacked it so hard?

Were is good place to order all of these parts for cheap.

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

The frame brace doesn't look that bad based on the pictures. I'd pull it off, straighten it out, and put it back on. Loosen all of the bolts up front to get the brace back in.
    A-frames are pretty simple but if you can't fix it here's one... TM Aframe
    Cheaper Aframe
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Start hitting E-bay, there are always plenty of a-frames on their for meyer plows,. The other option is to look for a good used balde , typically in the off season they can be had for what you'd pay for new angle cylinder, just gotta look around.

The side brackets for the Mounting Cartons are available new from a Meyer dealer. I would not attempt to straighten them, they are designed to do exactly what they did, if you straighten them they will only bend again, if you re-inforce them your bigger fear of bending the Jeeps frame will come true!

You should also have your "C" valve checked on your pump, they typically will swell up like a mother to be! If it is swelled up, you'll need a new coil and the "C" valve.

Unfortunately this is not going to be a quick or cheap fix