1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bumper recommendation

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GetMore, Nov 10, 2006.

1. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

I'm looking for a new rear bumper for my 2001 Silverado 2500HD. I'd like something that I can mount a couple of lights to, still allows the use of the stock tow hitch, and is a bit stronger than the stock bumper. (The sides of the stock bumper have no reinforcement, so they bend really easily.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not sure about the stock hitch part, but we make up steel c channel beam bumpers for our trucks. and throw a 5 ton pintle hook on them, but we also haul 6 ton trailers. we put more bracing behind the bumpers, espiscally cross coming from coners to the pieces that we use to bolt to the trucks. and normally cap the ends with some 2-3 inch solid round bar to make to look better and makes the corners strong.

3. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Got some pics?

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

This is the only thing on hand, can kind of see it, if I find the time I'll grap some close ups.

93 GMC In Driveway, With Plow edity.JPG