1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bumper issues-New member-need help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kind4209, Dec 2, 2008.

1. kind4209

kind4209 Junior Member
    from NJ

New to site and really need to make some friends. I have a 2001 f350 quad cab dullie(sp?). Just bought an ultramount 8.6' with frame. Installed carton and wired her up. Now for the life of me, I can not re-install my bumper. It is being interfered with the carton frame. I have read and re read the directions and I am positive that I have installed it correctly. This is my 3rd western plow complete install and never had a problem like this. Need help! I am ready to pull my hair out. What do I do? Cut the plastic part of the bumper out? Remove entire piece of plastic and just keep metal bumper? Is there a part that I am missing? I did buy plow used. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks! Vinny

2. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Most guys just trim the plastic valance where it is interfearing.
    Not really any need to remove the whole piece.

3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Just trim around the interference point!, you almost answered your own question!, bye the way welcome to ps!

4. kind4209

kind4209 Junior Member
    from NJ

Thanks a bunch

purple havoc and Mr. Mccauley--awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I will definitely do my part to help others when I can.

5. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Did you install the bumper spacer plates between the bumper mount and truck frame? My arctic had the same issue on my F250, I opted to remove the plastic, in case i ever decided to sell the truck. Those plastic pieces can be pricey sometimes.

6. kind4209

kind4209 Junior Member
    from NJ

thnkx for reply

But by removing bumper plastic 100%, does that affect protection on the underside of the engine/ a/c unit? Would it be best just to cut the slots needed?

7. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

I think there's a rubber "flap" splash shield under there to keep water and snow out. I've never had problems with stuff getting up under there. In any case, all you would have to do is fab some kind of shield out of sheet metal if it was a problem.

8. kind4209

kind4209 Junior Member
    from NJ

right on

ok that makes sense! thanks for the post/help