1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bumper bummer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by neilc, Mar 9, 2003.

1. neilc

neilc Junior Member

want one piece rear step bumper (read stronger ? ), for 02 silverado, oe folder went right to bed corner when backed into snow bank
    any suggestions other than stop the braille driving? :eek:
    thinking to match dee zee black diamond brite running boards
    ( not bought yet )

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck. For the most part you are not going to find stout and glitzy in the same package. Best bet is to find a good fab shop, or, more specifically) a good fabricator and build something rugged if that is what you want. Other than that it's mostly real pretty junk on the market.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Reunel Bumpers , the last name in bumpers. Suitable for tank mounting!

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I think Ranchhand is a good looking and strong looking bumper too!

5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I've had a Reunel and would caution you on two things

1st As a front bumper they are strong as hell, weigh WAY to much, may or may not work with a plow.

2cnd For the rear, I would not rely on their towing capability. The receiver is only mounted the bumper. The bumper is 1/2" plate, but does not provide a suitable force distribution for towing. I like the idea, but I had to had to tie the bumper in to the frame in a couple of different places to keep it attached to my truck;) .

I don't think they are worth the premium price. I would go with a wrap around ranch hand or simmilar.

Howard

6. s-10racing

s-10racing Junior Member
    from east

i did the same thing to my truck on same side , it pushed the lower part of bed in , still have not tried to fix yet, but also looking for a heavy duty bumper.i look at the factory trailer receiver & i am not to sure about the strength of that either.if i find a place with a good deal i will pass it on . goodluck , matt