1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bump This

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Michael J. Donovan, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

BUMP THIS!

The Superbumper combines a ball mount with an energy absorbing bumper to also protect your family and vehicle the other 99% of the time when you’re not towing from the two most frequent vehicle accidents: getting hit while parked and the rear end collision. Capable of taking impacts to 20 mph they reduce whiplash, occupant acceleration and vehicle damage. Black or chrome and they are also available in a non-towing version if you already have towing equipment.

For more information please visit http://www.superbumper.com or http://www.sparebumper.com

424 Superbumper Chrome - Bump This.jpg

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

that's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it was going to be a lecture on wasting network space by constantly bumping threads with the words "bump"

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

If there's ever going to be a tax for wasted network space it would be the end of GV.

5. KrystalKid

KrystalKid Inactive

Superbumper Questions

If you have any questions on our energy absorbing spare bumpers just let me know. There are lots of testimonials, product reviews, photos, FAQ's etc. on our web site http://www.sparebumper.com

We developed these for the two most frequent vehicle accidents: gettting hit while parked and the rear end collision. Although the backing accident is about 7th on the list of collisions, we felt your community would be interested in knowing about them for protecting your rear.

For the rear end collision, 94% occur on straight roads and most are DIRECT hits which is why they don't need to be that big.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Sincerely,

Jeff Mohr
    CEO
    Mohr Mfg
    Burnsville, MN

Here's a link to a nice product review by Pat Goss of MotorWeek:
    http://www.superbumper.com/home/MotorWeekGossGarage.wmv

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Nice product, I have one. Thankfully I don't know how well it works...yet.

Nice to see you on here Jeff.

7. KrystalKid

KrystalKid Inactive

Thanks Markus for posting your picture...hopefully we can save a few butts.

Here's another testimonial - I just got this the other day...yes, they really do work.

"It looks great on my Range Rover and it also saved my car from a lot of damage. I was hit in the rear by a 2 ton truck in the middle of midtown while stuck in traffic. I drove away with a cracked reflector instead of broken tail lights, dented tailgate, cracked bumper and maybe even a broken back window. This bumper really saved me a lot of money."

All the other pieces I see that plug into the tow hitch are more for looks than anything else. Yours not only looks good but also serves a real purpose in protection and I will tell anyone without a doubt this product is a must have.... Ian Skeete - Bronx, NY

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

does it create any sway while towing? around here they are starting to issue tickets for traveling with a stinger in and not towing anything, have you talked with any authorities about whether this would be exempt?

nice product btw.

9. KrystalKid

KrystalKid Inactive

No sway. It's no differnt then the typical ball mount - except it will protect your bumper and fenders if you jackknife the trailer. It will give a little and absorb some of the towing shock but the absorbers are pretty stiff. It will absorb one ton traveling at 5 miles per hour and take impacts to 20 mph.

No problems with authorities. The towing aspect is secondary which is why we also have a non-towing version. It's really for safety and protection - reduces whiplash, occupant acceleration, vehicle damage, under-ride, shields the gas tank, etc. If they made you remove this they'd have to remove every hitch step, cargo carrier, bike rack, etc. that's currently out there now.

10. Pristine PM ltd

That's crazy, so you are supposed to take your hitch in and out constantly? What are they worried about?

11. Grn Mtn

because your bypassing the absorption aspect of your bumper, thus causing more damage and possible injury. and yes its crazy.

12. Pristine PM ltd

Glad you agree with my assumption!

Anyway, I just find that a little odd, I can see what you are saying, but I don't think it is something that should be that huge a deal. Anyway, that's all.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  13. KrystalKid

KrystalKid Inactive

You are right...it is crazy.

According to the Federal Bumper Standard bumpers are not for for "occupant protection". They're supposed to be there to protect the "safety" equipment like headlights, radiator, taillights, etc. so you can drive away from the scene of an accident.

Besides, the 2.5 mph Federal Bumper Standard only applies to passenger cars...not pickup trucks, suv's or mini vans. That's why is costs so much to fix them...they don't need to be strong.

As far as energy absorbsion goes, once you bolt a receiver hitch on the back of your vehicle you've completely changed the crash dynamics. That's why the IIHS removes all receiver hitches before they do any rear crash testing.

14. Grn Mtn

??? now i'm confused, you find what old?
    and what was i making a big deal out of?

15. Pristine PM ltd

typo, meant odd, and not you, the state. I think the idea of getting hit with a hitch in your receiver tube should be taken into account in the design of the bumper, that's all.

16. Grn Mtn

ooohhhhh, yeah well its all about money, and how many more stupid things can they come up with to generate income.

sorry op for off topic... you do have a great looking product there.

17. KrystalKid

KrystalKid Inactive

Thanks guys...if you need any pictures on specific vehicles just email me at superbumper@qwestoffice.net and I'll forward them on to you. Just need the make and model.

18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Free bump.