1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bump stop adjustment Boss V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mow 4 u, Nov 27, 2015.

1. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Looking for help on how to adjust bump stop on 8.2 Boss v. Plow is touching on the outside of plow only, leaving about the middle 1/3 of the plow area not touching the ground. HELP.......

2. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

Not sure exactly what your asking about bump stop. But if your plow is not level in V or scoop it's usually because the push beam on the truck is not at correct height. Its supposed to be 15.5 inches from center of the pin hole to the ground.

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

It needs to be moved forward. Or to the front of the plow away from the truck.
    Do you know how to do it the easy way?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  4. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

5. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

No do tell the easy way to adjust bump stop? Mount height is exactly correct, local dealer says it is absolutely the bump stop adjustment

6. maxwellp

Yes- that is one way to do it but a lot of work. If you have a helper have them hang off the plow in scoop. Then just move the bump stop. Do this at your own risk - you could hurt yourself. I have done it this way for years. Only takes seconds. Large Helpers work better.

7. maxwellp

No need to unhook, loosen or do anything with the springs.

8. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

I bought my first V used this year previously always a straight blade guy. I had no clue there was an adjustment there. Obviously the previous owner already had set up my used plow. Good to gain more knowledge from this site though.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Changes are it will strip out when removing bolt

Just saying

10. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Video above shows individual bolt holes for bump stop, where as mine has a slot for stop? Is there a difference?

11. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

I just went looked mine is the slot like yours. Mines all the way at the front of the slot.

12. maxwellp

No - old way is a Slot. New has holes. The slot ones can move on there own.

13. maxwellp

Msc04254
    bumper stop kit w/hdw

14. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Thanks lots of good info and really appreciate the quick responses.

15. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

Maxwellp, just for clarification are you saying the slot style self adjusts? I didnt look to closely at mine just now as im inside relaxing.

16. maxwellp

No it slips over time - that is why they changed it to holes - so it will not move.

17. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

Ahh okay. Thanks for your knowledge.