1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bully Dog performance chip F/S

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by FFD133, Feb 1, 2007.

1. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Up for sale is my 6 month old Bully Dog 4 Bank 6 Position Chip, for a Ford 7.3L Powerstroke 94-03. Part # 041604. Selling for $275 shipped to your door. Costs around $450 new. Adjusts on the fly to valet(stock with a 70MPH speed governor), stock, +50HP, High Idle, +75HP and +110HP. When set to the 110HP setting, also adds 235 lbs. of torque. Not sure of the torque for the other settings.

2. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Is it hard to install in truck. I have a 97 ford super duty thinking of adding upgrades for more power.

3. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Not hard at all, and all instructions come with it. Basically, you have to use a 7mm socket and under the hood, up near the firewall, loosen the bolt that holds the wiring harness onto the cpu that is inside the cab to the left of the brake pedal. Go inside the truck, remove 2 7mm screws holding the plastic cover over the cpu, remove the cpu, remove the black plastic cover from the porthole where the chip is installed, scrap off the silicon from the contacts, slide the chip on, reinstall cpu and mount switch where you want it. Thats it. Very easy!!!!!!! I purchased the chip, installed it, then added my 4" exhaust, cold air intake and gauges. Awesome power, but since I am selling my mowing equipment and getting out of the business, I am going to purchase a chip specifically programmed for my exact needs. However, that is going to run me almost $500 so I need to sell this one first.

4. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

bump bump bump

5. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

That chip will work on a (old body style) OBS truck but it will need to be reprogrammed. It's current programming is for a 99+ Superduty according to his sig. Your OBS truck uses different CPU parameters and injectors compared to his truck. Also his description of how to install the chip is accurate for a 99+ SD not an OBS truck. The CPU is located behind you emergency brake pedal assy, and must be removed from the engine compartment side. But like I said it will work, just not a plug and play due to the differences between a SD and an OBS.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  6. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Ggg, thanks for helping out with the description for install in his truck. I was looking on the install instructions, and it doesn't say anything about have to be reprogrammed for the OBS trucks. I may be wrong, but I didn't see anything about that. To me, it wouldn't make sense for them to advertise it works for the 94-03 trucks, and then have to have it programmed. I will look again and try to get ahold of Bullydog to double check on this. If I find something out, I will reply back. Scott

7. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I hope I didn't come across as a know it all, and I am not trying to ruin a possible sale. I agree double check with BD and see if their SD programs will work on an OBS truck. I know for certain that TS and DP Tuner programs will not, as I have both models of trucks and chips for both. The big difference is the OBS trucks use single shot injectors and all the SD trucks use split shots. For the most part DI,TS and DP Tuner make the programs for most vendors. They buy the programs from one of those three.

8. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Didn't think you were coming across like that at all. Thanks for the info on the chips.

9. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

bump bump bump