1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bullet Proof Windows

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mega cab, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

Has anyone ever had this done in a car or Truck? I was thinking about having one truck done. Not sure how much it cost?

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why?.......

3. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

Why do we carry firearms in our trucks! Why do we buy insurance over and above state minimums! Why do we tell our wife or girlfriend be careful in certain areas. This way when we are plowing at least the drivers side window is protected! Maybe not the windshield if its to expensive.
    I thought we would try one truck and see. Maybe get them all done down the road. How many of us have ever pulled of the side of road after long plowing shifts and grabbed a quick nap.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Because South Bend is a cesspool, just like Gary. I've plowed in some not so great neighborhoods as well, but if it ever gets to the point where I worry that strongly about my safety, I'm no longer plowing there. The weight of anything bulletproof is huge. I'm sure you'd have to change the motor to a stronger one as well. And if you're not going to do the doors themselves, why bother?

5. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

Cesspool! LOL Its also homeless capitol of the Midwest due to Notre Dame funding huge homeless centers! We have people hitting us up all the time. There are some areas I will not have my crews do sidewalks so we turn down business.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure if there ain't folks doing it in Flint, Detroit, Philly or the like, it isn't necessary in South Bend. Gary is far worse than South Bend.

7. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Depends on how much money you want to spend. Some don't open at all. Most will only open 3-4 inches

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Doh K!.......

9. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict