1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulldozer Accident

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Montosi82, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

Just came across these pictures from last summer. The truck ran the stop sign and and crashed into the side of a trailer and knocked the dozer ( i believe a D5) right off and this is where it landed. No one was killed but we did have to medflight the driver of the truck. Thought you guys would enjoy these.

dozer.jpg

doser2.jpg

dozer3.jpg

dozer4.jpg

dozer5.jpg

2. V-Boss

V-Boss Member

Wow, that's crazy right there... What are the odds that the dozer would stop on the pole straight up?

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Looks like someone forgot to chain down the Cat.......

4. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

Kinda makes you wonder if the guy moving the dozer had it bound properly. I know a guy that had an accident with a tag trailer and a mini excavator. The pintle was sheared right off his truck and the trailer and excavator ended up on their side but the machine never came off the trailer.

Cool pics anyway

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Guy I worked for as a kid lost a 580K the same way, pindle broke, the trailer tongue went up and back down into the forest on the right, all the chains snapped, but the front bucket caught the 2" lip at the front and kept the backhoe on the trailer. We walked it off, used it to pull the trailer out. I was behind him in the pickup and ran to a local automotive store to get a new hitch, pretended we were working in the ditch while we fixed it (cones set up and all) about an hour later on our way. The only damage was to the battery box on the case, a tree bent the step. Sledgehammer fixed it perfectly... Good times. Probably wouldn't work out that way twice.

6. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

even if the dozer wasnt chanied down properly... the guy who hit it had to be hauling some major a$$ to flip it up on its end like that

7. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

My guess would be that the machine came off the trailer when the truck and trailer driver made a sharp move to try and avoid an accident. I don't think that a small pickup hitting the side a a trailer would send the machine flying off like that.

8. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

If you can't Dodge it, Ram it.

9. OldCrow

OldCrow Member

Those pictures almost look impossible. I don't know how much that dozer weighs, but how fast do you need to be going in order to hit it, knock it off the trailer, and flip it up vertically from the blade? With a pickup none the less!

Pretty cool how strong those tension wires are to keep it up like that.

10. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

The driver of the pickup ran the stop sign goin about 45-50mph. I know there were some chains but unsure if they had enough or if they were tightened properly.

11. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

that dakota did pretty damn good for a 50 mph impact. wheres the trailer?

12. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

I can't believe that little Dakota knocked the dozer off there like that.

13. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Strong phone pole

14. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, that truck must have been going pretty fast.

Glad to see nobody got killed, hopefully the driver is ok.

15. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

That dozer must have been going fast. I didn't know they cruzied down the highway that well. :laughing:

Seriously, that is pretty scary.

16. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Amazing how the dozer is standing straight up

17. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

you should deffinently start telling people that the pickup rear ended the dozer:laughing:

18. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

thats crazy.

19. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

any pictures of the dozer being set back on it's tracks?

20. bryanR

bryanR Member

that poor dakota kinda ruined from the front and from the rear