1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk through snow ex 1075?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lasher66, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

I been using this spreader to run bagged, and tried bulk but didnt work. At the time I didnt have a vibrator on the spreader, so I didnt know if bulk will go through with a vibrator attached. If anyone had success with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Or if you could suggest a tailgate spreader that would run bulk. Thanks
  2. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

My buddy runs a vibrator on his and has no problem. Just dont leave the salt in there to long.
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Just like ^^Drottlawn^^ said, if you have a vibrator, you will be fine. I have one that I used for a season doing that, and it worked great. You may want to build a smaller screen, or hand shovel the salt in there, because I had a big rock jam mine once. That would be my only suggestion.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have the mirco pro one and the salt would get stuck so I used a piece of wire just to help it along.

xmasplay carpet 022 (Medium).jpg