1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Storage Container

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FFD133, Oct 15, 2008.

1. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

For those of you that are storing hundreds of tons of salt, what canopy system are you using, price of the enclosure and places to get them?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

are you really using those type or just recomending something that is pretty bad ass???

4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I bought one 5 years ago out of a catalogue called teck supply. It is about 38 feet wide by 48 feet deep. I have concrete blocks 2 high all around with both ends open. It has held up very well, snow does not stay on it, 70 mph winds do not take it down.

My only regret is that i should have used 3 blocks high. When the dump trucks unload, they can only go halfway in. I believe the tarp was around $4000.00 It holds around 300 tons.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

We used blocks and cover is a cheap a@@ car port! Not bad setup but the car port installers would not put it on the blocks. It was funny! I will take pictures of it so that we all can laugh at it together!

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats JD'S Salt Bin!

8. icemen pro

icemen pro Junior Member
    from central

try farm teck there on line we just bought a 20x20 x 16 height for 1299.00 paid extra 99.00 for better truss kit and 129.00 for soild back wall and 129.00 for a front door kit we will be putting this on four high concrete blocks thanks keith

9. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

iceman, thats going to be a nice bin, I just bought a roof from farm teck got a 14 x 25 roof on concrete blocks 3 high, My walls are 6' high and it looks tall. My blocks are not sitting perfect so I will have to adjust a few, The blocks are far from square.

10. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

do you guys have a product number or specific one that you bought? I'm not seeing anything like you guys bought. Was the website farmtek.com?