1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk spraying flow meter?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Snowbeast, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Snowbeast

Snowbeast Junior Member

I am starting to spray bulk salt off-site and need a recommendation for a flow meter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Banjo is the TOP OF THE LINE when it comes to liquid spraying but the meter you would need 3" Probably is like $645....
    [​IMG]
    Im pretty good with just looking at the tank in the bed of the truck!
    know your pump say its 200 gallons a Min full throttle
    half throttle will give you 100GPM!

3. Snowbeast

Snowbeast Junior Member

Plow Man Foster - thanks for the advice. I will call them tomorrow.

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Look up (Google) Dultimier, they have a few different types of meters.

5. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

I looked at alot of that stuff, Sprayer controls, flow meters, gps, ect ect. Than some one gave me a K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid.

6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah my buddy bought 5 or 6 New turbo tech/ turf units for like 7k EACH!
    When I could of built him the same/ clone for a about the quarter of the price!
    Thats with removing the "pointless stuff." Actually i wouldnt call it pointless but its just not necessary for spraying lots and sidewalks!

7. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

If I was running a really big tank, say 1500 gallons or more, doing some really big lots, than some of that stuff would come in handy. I got a real simple set, 750 gallon tank, 4hp gas with one elec. valve, spray bar with 12 t-jet tips.

8. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

When I bought my Turbo Turf sprayer they suggested one that was about $200 online.....can't remember the name though.....sorry. I'll see if I can locate it as I did write it down somewhere.