1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Sand/ Salt Supplier In Southern NH?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by getsum, Oct 22, 2011.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Im Looking for a bulk supplier of salt in nh around manchester hooksett concord area. Going in a 40ft container and im going to get a load of grainy sand from manchester sand. thanks also what would you recommend for a mix? if i get a tri-axle load of sand how much salt would you recommend? also how much will fit in a 40 ft container thanks guysThumbs Up

2. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Try NHicemelt in manch. There prices on salt delivered were pretty good last yr. As far as mix ratio. It really depends on what you are using it on. We usually mix 3-1 sand / salt.

3. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I know this is a couple years old but anyone know of any good places to buy bagged salt? I thought of NHicemelt but from what I hear it is really expensive. Anyone have any ideas? looking for a pallet of it

4. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

John Deere Landscapes sells bagged salt/ice melt.

5. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

The only bagged product NHIcemelt sells is Magic salt. So yes it is more money that straight bagged salt. You can also try Stateline irrigation for ice melt.

6. dalmatian

dalmatian Junior Member

Tims turf in litchfield carries pallets of ice melt. they are easy to deal with and great pricing!!

7. NHSNOW1

NHSNOW1 Junior Member

Sand/salt mixture Southern NH

I know these post are old but I'm wondering the same question, Where in around Manchester Hooksett can I buy sand/salt mixture to fill my sander during storms? I could do it before or after as well but does anyone know where I can go? thank you in advance

8. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Outdoor Maitinance Service sells bulk deicing materials out of the PRO landscape yard in Manchester, right off exit 6 on 293. Prices are kind of steep though, 135 a yard for straight salt. I go if I run out during a storm other wise I go up to Plourde sand and gravel in bow the day before to load up on straight salt. I have my own pile of mix at my house but OMS has sand and mix too.

9. NHSNOW1

NHSNOW1 Junior Member

Thank you, I appreciate your response, Do you have an idea how much Plourde charges for straight sand or straight salt? Plourde isn't to far from me

10. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

95 a ton for salt, not sure about sand, I load sand and mix at my friends pit.

11. Boyerlandscape

Boyerlandscape Member

OMS is great, if there's icing or the potential for icing, you can bet theresca guy in the shack/loader. Another option is in Auburn, right by the Massabesic circle. Forget the name, I can get it for you if that's closer, and lastly right down the bypass in Derry DJ landscaping now stocks salt ( call first)

12. NHSNOW1

NHSNOW1 Junior Member

Could I get the name of that place near Massabecic circle? I need to grab some today :(

13. Boyerlandscape

Boyerlandscape Member

Sorry I didn't see it in time,

Highest quality Lawncare/NH ice melt
    15 king st Auburn