1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by tom5301, Aug 15, 2008.

1. tom5301

tom5301 Member

Were is the best place to get bulk salt in Kansas City
  2. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Canada ! might be your best bet
  3. cod8825

cod8825 Member

Triton smart AZZ! I am in KC as well and we are not having much luck with NASC and some of the others
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's going to be hard to get it here also.
  5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Because it's a conspiracy amongst the privy few who hold mining rights.

Looks like they have some political muscle too because they are stickin it to the counties and munis also.

Im not for big government but I really think this needs looked into.

Seems like a Monopoly to me.
  6. hoop

hoop Junior Member

Bulk salt availability

Does anyone know about the availability of bulk salt in the Michigan or Ohio area? Any response would be helpful. Al
  7. chango

chango Junior Member
    from kc

Tom how much do you need? I sell it during the storm by the ton in KCK. I should have about 500 tons on hand when the winter starts.
  8. tom5301

tom5301 Member

were are you located at and what is the price we need about 100 tons but I would like to put at my shop but I could but it by the ton at your place.
  9. hoop

hoop Junior Member

Buy salt

I'm looking for 2000 tons. Anyone?
  10. tom5301

tom5301 Member

I need 2-4000 tons as well. We can come up with CASH to start and hold 1,000 tons or take delivery ASAP. Anyone have any suggestions or phone numbers??, I'm waiting ona few suppliers as well. Any contact numbers in Canada?? Thanks guys.
  12. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

salt salt salt
  13. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Chango, PM me your information as we have people asking all the time where to get salt. I would like to add you to the list.

Actually, I dont think you can PM until you have 10 posts. Email me kevin@americanequipment.us
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  14. OAKMAN

OAKMAN Junior Member

15. cod8825

cod8825 Member

In Kansas City you might try Rock City off of Blue Ridge. We ordered some but we pre-paid for it though.
  16. Kuchocki

Kuchocki Junior Member

Looking to Canada won't work

I am in Canada, I have talked at length to our mines. They haven't supplied all their depots, they have none to send out to fill all their orders. This message was what I got from one supplier.

Hi Craig,

We are still waiting for a reply on several of our suppliers then we can can finalize our price for the upcoming season. All I can say is expect an increase due to price of fuel and rationed supply.

I will have more information for you by the end of the month.

Thank You!!

Salt RATIONING? Not looking forward to that at all.

The lady from one of our mines explained that they have no way of filling all of the need this winter regardless of how much they move. They are already running at 24/7 since last winter and are still behind even though it is september.

What are our options? I guess cutting our sand down to very little salt. Anyone know if 20:1 or less works at all?

17. tom5301

tom5301 Member

Oakman if you could help out just give me a call at 913-207-3661 and we could talk
  18. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Kc Salt

Call this guy he can probably get some trucking or something worked out.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The 3 major salt players in Ontario have all there pricing released, just an FYI. I have all the sheets sitting in front of me, that were mailed out a couple of weeks ago.
  20. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

This is the first post in months for me haha. anyways since everyone else is on the topic, where could i buy bulk salt by the load? as i have nowhere to store it. Im in sussex county in northwestern NJ. Thanks Mike