1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rdmpe, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rdmpe

rdmpe Junior Member

I need to find a bulk salt provider in Central Iowa Area, or midwest. Right now everyone in Des Moines, Iowa area is out. And I need some calcium is too expensive and takes to long. I have access to over the road grain trucks but don't have a vender.

2. laker

laker Junior Member

try gunther salt in stlouis..kane

3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

have you try cargill salt, or barsol. they sell the liquid, but might be able to tell you where to buy bulk.

I buy in mixed with sand from hallets on boonville road for about $4.00 a ton.
    Also, i know the city of Des Moines used to sell some of theirs along time ago, you might try getting ahold of bill stowe and find out where to get some.

4. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

Call Rohrer Bros. in Victor. They can deliver up to 25 tons at a time. This is where I get mine. I am just a few miles away from them but I am now paying $70 per ton delivered. It has went up cause the terminal they have always used shut them off. Now its coming from a long ways away. Call Bill at 319-647-3215

5. rdmpe

rdmpe Junior Member

Okay, Thanks alot I will try all of those places. I don't think that the Cities will sell any because they don't have enough.

6. zipp669

zipp669 Junior Member

i have Atlantic Carriers out of Atlantic iowa haul mine in. They are a broker.
    Have 6t left out of first truckload.
    Have 2 more on order and not received them yet.
    PM me or whatever and can get you the phone #.

I tried Cargill and they were $40 a ton higher.

7. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

magic salt

I'm thinking about calling magic and having some baggges sent to me to use. I would like to try the liquid and the magic-0 bagged.