1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Vaughn Schultz, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Howdy,

I have done some searches already :rolleyes: But a second opinion never hurts. :rolleyes:

Were can I get bulk rock salt for the wester suburbs of Chicago?

What can I expect to pay for salt in Chicago?

Thank you,
    - Eric

2. Jube

Jube Member

Eric,

Call Russo Power @847.678.9525 re your bulk salt question. We were getting it delivered to your same area for approx $40/ton last season. They were also delivering to our location south of Lake Geneva for approx $60/ton last season.

Hope I helped.

3. Vaughn Schultz

Hey, thanks bud.

4. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

anyone know where i could find bulk salt in ohio? i'm mansfield area

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Do your homework guys those were last years prices I will bet a weeks lunch money you will see no less then 25% increases this year ! What do you think the fuel costs for the tugs pushing the barges ( that they dont have enough of, cause they sold them all for scrap) up and down the river that is too low so they cant run fully loaded ?

Jube your prices were probally for major bulk right ? Not just 25 or 50 tons for the season ?
    Todd

6. Jube

Jube Member

T-Man,

That price was per truckload(approx22-23 ton). Of course larger orders were a bit less.

7. Vaughn Schultz

Just got quoted 47.00 per ton delivered (truck load, 22 tons)

Not bad :nono:

8. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Morton told us they are increasing by 25% cargill and isco both were in the same way and grain of salt says they have shut down their Chicago location.I buy bulk and truck it in with our trucks. Check with local cartage company's and you may be able to find a good deal but fuel surcharges are probably going to be everywhere.