1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 96f250, Mar 15, 2010.

1. 96f250

96f250 Member

I still have a hopper full of salt and with the storm over the weekend it got wet. Is there anywhere i can dispose of it also with bags of salt and cacl that are no good? Thanks Brett
  2. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Whatever you do with it, you better do it fast with the salt in your hopper of you'll have a hard mess!
  3. 96f250

96f250 Member

yeah i know that i need help finding where i can get rid of the salt in the hopper thats why i asked
  4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

When I need to get rid of salt I run down to my local city garage and dump it into their pile. They can always use extra!

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Why are all you guys wanting to get rid of salt , all so far away? I'd let you get rid of it all day long here.!:D
  6. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Absolute worst case, hot water makes short work of it...
  7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just make sure if you use the hot water method, your on a driveway that won't let the salt water runoff get to any grass, or vegatation. If it does, it will turn a whole new pretty shade of brown.
  8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Put it in the woods, the Deer will eat it!
  9. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Excellent point. Also, I forgot to mention that if you do this method....MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON ASPHALT!! That salt, having been stranded in the hopper for awhile, will likely be very hungry.

Concrete stands no chance.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  10. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

go down a back road and turn it on
  11. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

cattle ranchers would probably take the chunks off you hands or you could dump it on my pile...