1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt suppliers

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by G.Williams, Dec 12, 2001.

1. G.Williams

G.Williams Member

I did a search but it only gave me "a grain of salt" who will not deliver to South Jersey. Anyone know of other suppliers for say 100-500 tons per season weather permitting.

2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

G.Williams,

Feel free to give us a call,we would be happy to quote you.:)

Thank You

3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

How close are you to Wilmington, DE?, and the DE Memorial Bridge?

There's an oil company Shellhorne and Hill in the city that has two huge piles of bulk salt. They'll load your trucks or deliver. They have alot of triaxles and a few tractor trailers. During the storms here, the massive piles wear down to nothing...I think they supply DELDOT. When we were in a pinch last year we contacted them and I think there prices were pretty reasonable.

If you want me to find their Phone #, email me.

4. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Bulk Salt

We have about 100,000 tons in south Jersey just give us a ring if you would like us to get you a price
    John Parker
    New York Snow Pros
    Taconic Maintenance Inc
    845-485-4200

5. TRITONSNOWREM

TRITONSNOWREM Member

How about bulk salt in the Chicago suburbs?

6. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

G. Williams,
    Where in South Jersey are you, I'm in Atco, have a few guys who could help you out.
    Either email me TM252@AOL.COM or post here.
    Regards
    Tim RCI
    Atco, NJ
    "Give me a cold front & a warm rear!"

7. G.Williams

G.Williams Member

We're located in Millville , NJ. Cumberland County. About 35 miles from the Del.Mem. Br. and 40 miles from A.C., 40 miles from Phila.