1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Suppliers in the Mid Atlantic Area??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PerfiCut L&L, Nov 6, 2006.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I'm looking for a new supplier of bagged salt, in, around, or delivered to Baltimore Md. I'm looking to pick up somewher between 15-25 pallets.

Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.

Feel free to email me Rob@perficut.net

2. ynvvbr

ynvvbr Member

Try International Salt Company in Clarks Summit, PA.

I belive they have a facility in BAltimore also.

You can find there number on the web.
  3. dssxxxx

dssxxxx Member
    from NJ

Your price should be around $3.50 - $3.75 per bag delivered plus fuel surcharge.
  4. draffinc

draffinc Member

Magic salt is available from Clear Path Products in the MD area as wellxysport www.magicsalt.:angel:
  5. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Clear Path - Magic Salt Distributor

Good luck getting in touch with them. I heard about Magic Salt about 6 weeks ago and thought I'd look into it. I sent Clear Path an email from their web site, no response, yet (that was about 4 weeks ago). Then, I called them, that was about 2-3 weeks ago. The lady that answered said she couldn't give me any prices (treat my stock pile or delivery of bulk material). I would have to talk to the owner, who was unavailable. She took my name and number and I am still waiting.

I understand I may be out of their delivery area (more than 30 miles), but at least someone could call and tell me that was the case. I could send a truck there, but I don't know if it would be worth it. At this point, I don't see any Magic in my future. I can only guess that they just don't need the sale. Must be nice.
  6. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

magic salt is supposed to have more salt than anything else...

international salt is who to use, they have the rackett here on the east coast, owns most of the barges and ships coming from south america, anyone who gets salt or deals salt goes through them ultimately, just depends how many middle men there are..

they can mix anything, & fyi those different colored pebbles in things such as lavamelt are just dye pieces

thing is for bulk salt its 25 tons or more delivered and for bagged its a tractor trailer (20 pallets i think) or more
  7. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Call Harvey Salt 410-391-9100