1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Storage Questions

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 06slvrctd, Oct 6, 2008.

1. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone can help out with how much salt I can hold. I am working with a Coverall type building set on a concrete pad. It is 40x60, but will probably only use 45 to 50 foot of the depth to allow for pallets of walk material. Just wondering what your thought are on how many tons of salt this will hold?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

3. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

Thanks Johnny,

It is saying at 10' high I can hold 388 tons.

The building has 20' high roof, and slopes to nothing at the sides. I have "mafia blocks" 2' high on the sides, and 4' high on the back wall.

I am hoping to get 3-400 tons in there.

4. JohnnyRoyale

Thats about right

5. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

where did you get your cover/building at and how much?

6. JohnnyRoyale

I just ordered a small 18x24x12 ft high with vented back and zippered roll up front door from Dome Shelters for $4000.00. Its going to sit on 6 ft of blocks-should hold approx 100 tonnes or so. A little small for us, but its all the room we have at our new shop, and we usually just load the first round out of there, then load up at other sites we have salt sitting on site throughout the city.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I like that pile calculator John, good one. I

8. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

I don't have any info on the building, it was already installed at the facility when we took over.