1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BULK SALT????? Southeast PA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Scaper29, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Scaper29

Scaper29 Junior Member

Kind of desperate right now - our supplier is not selling anymore to commercial guys. Oceanport has salt but only selling to current clients. Had a lead on some salt in Delaware but no word yet. Any thoughts, anyone? Looking for minimum of 25 tons but hoping for at least 50 tons.
  2. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Chemical equipment labs in the port of Wilmington. It's 75 per ton.
  3. Scaper29

Scaper29 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I called them but they are not taking any new customers. Still looking.
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Scaper, what business are you? I should be getting some next week and would be happy to try and help.
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I got 22 tons from Chemical Equipment on Monday, but it was way more than 75. The salt granules are huge and yes I was a new customer and had no problem ordering
  6. Monroe74

Monroe74 Junior Member

I can't seem to get chemical equipment to return any of my calls and when I did speak to someone they said they had no bulk salt. This was yesterday at 11:47am??
  7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

When we were loaded on Monday at noon, my driver said they were almost out, so it's very possible they are out.

I talked to someone on Wednesday and again today