1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Purchase

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by winter_welldone, Feb 10, 2014.

1. winter_welldone

winter_welldone Junior Member

I am located in Carlisle, Pa (18 miles south of Harrisburg) and am in need of 2 ton of bulk salt or bagged salt. If anyone can direct me to a location that currently has either or I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

If you can used bagged try BJ's, Costco, or Sams Club. I know up here everyone is out. Bulk salt is being rationed. They can't keep the barns stocked.
  3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

There is no bulk in PA anywhere, goodluck
  4. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Im in Cumberland Md. my local supplier has bulk at 115.00 per ton and its a little over a ton. That would be around a 2 hour drive. 301-724-2000 Hope this helps.
  5. winter_welldone

winter_welldone Junior Member

Follow up

Thank you to all the members who have replied and took time out of your day to help me along. Thankfully my supplier was able to have some delivered after he was told there would be no more this season...Thumbs Up