1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt $ Purchase Rates - Michigan & Midwest

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Patrick34, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Question on bulk salt purchases. I am more than likely going to purchase bulk salt and keep it at our shop for this winter. Historically, I have purchased salt at the local landscape supplier. It seems that current year pricing is around $58 per ton from the local landscape suppliers. I have been quoted at around $40 per ton for bulk salt delivered to my shop from the salt suppliers.

Are these prices fairly reasonable with what everyone else has seen?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where else to purchase bulk salt for delivery to my shop?

Thanks, keep that snow coming.

2. slade

slade Senior Member

I live just south of K.C pretty close(150 miles or so) to a salt mine. The past few years I have paid between 28.50 and $34.00 ton delivered.

3. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

hey slade, you on the kansas or Missouri side?? Where are you buying this salt from?? I am new to having to buy salt, and would apprecate some help.
    thanks, good to know there is someone local on here
    greg