1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Pricing By The Train - in MI

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Superior L & L, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Possibly looking for a new salt delivery guy/company. Who are you guys using and how much per ton delivered

2. Superior L & L

from MI

What no one on plow site buys salt in Michigan ?

3. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

I do :)

40 per ton delivered is what we pay for it

But the average price is 50 a ton delivered and that is what we pay if we are desperate and our normal delivery guy cannot make it out in time.

We got the 40 per ton price because we pre season signed for 2000 tons...

4. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

5. Superior L & L

from MI

Right now im paying $42 delivered. Since i thought it was a pritty good deal i didnt shop it around to much.We will probably take 1500 - 1700 tons this season

6. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

7. customers_snow

customers_snow Member
    from 48843

Major suppliers will vary little in the price per ton. What will vary is the trucking to get it from the docks to you. Pricing can also be considered confidential by some suppliers so you need to keep that in mind. Published prices and prices you get quoted may vary depending on how good of a customer you are. How much you buy and how well you pay your bills will factor into any discounts available.

Having said all that, you can probably expect to pay in the range of $40-$42 per ton on average.