1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Price's In Central Ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Flawless440, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I know everyone is looking for salt after the last event. So here is a thread to discuss bulk prices.

I have emailed about ten guys and so far a few have got back.

WGS- 20 ton $79.50

Kurtz Bros- 20 ton $95

Henderson Trucking- 20 Ton $83.50

All price's are delivered

Join in this thread and lets hear some quotes

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

About the same minus to other companies. $71.50 and $82.50 delivered Both columbus locals. Im really interested in what magic salt or snow slicer is delivered. I also hear BPS is selling central salt for about $85.

3. Dig-It-Landscap

Dig-It-Landscap Junior Member

Try Trupointe. They were $63 + delivery last I checked.

4. Mike S

is it good stuff? Thats a real good deal! The stuff i can get for 71.50 isnt the best.

5. Dig-It-Landscap

Dig-It-Landscap Junior Member

What I have gotten so far has been great! It's so dry I haven't even had a problem with it freezing up. I'm pretty sure it comes from Central Salt.

6. Mike S

Im getting mad at central salt, how long does it take to get back to some one????

7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

WELL........................We are in the middle of a busy snow season. :laughing:

8. Mike S

:laughing:Yes the busy snow season! Not sure where it is but it is some where! LOL! Im really glad I didnt get crazy with the big progam this year. Busy season! Your funny! A friend of mine runs coal buckets and they have not run one load of salt yet...............

9. Flawless440

All the salt comes from the same salt pile on I-670, everyone gets it for different prices. I herd Henderson trucking owns the land it sit's on. So they usually do me the best. I use kurtz a lot so i can use my account.

10. Flawless440

Who's got $71.50?????

11. Mike S

Not all the companies pull out of 670 yard just A1, cargil, central, and a couple other sub let companies. Henderson owns the land and cargil owns the salt, kind of. The salt that is there is suposed to be bought and paid for already. Ya a local guy sells it for that not a bad source.

12. Mike S

I really want to try some treated salt snow slicer or magic salt. The snow slicer really looks nice

13. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

We got 50 tonns this year from leisure lawn. We paid $69.00 per ton.

14. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

snow slicer is great. never going back. worth the premium, just gotta get it through to the operators to spread less. I like it because we get about 3 yards worth of coverage on pavement from a 2 yd v box.

15. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I am going to try snow slicer next year once I run through my stock of clearlane which I am going to have a surplus for sure this year.

17. Flawless440

Wow, i drove by Brickman's main shop on Innis and they they have a huge salt barn full. It's everywhere you go. Store's with snow blowers, shovels, etc.

18. Mike S

A 1000-1500 tons thats funny!!!!!! LOL!

Hi its not snowing and I need some one to come buy ALL of my salt that I spent ALL of my money on!

That suck, I feel bad for who ever that is.

19. Mike S

Every one is sitting on salt. HA HAHAHAHAHA Not me! I didnt order any more, Im out I have nothing! Thumbs Up:laughing:

Central salt still has not got back with me on that treated stuff........ Oh well its not snowing.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  20. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

i cant belive they havent got back with you here in chicago i got a call back in 30-45mins from my area salt rep i could call the corp office and explain your self or i can get you a acc rep email i have talked to he is out of elgin il