1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt prices for North Jersey...good price?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by srl28, Aug 9, 2009.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Got a quote back from someone, finally. Bulck salt, delivered to us in NJ from Delaware, based on a 24 ton tri axle load is 90.00 per ton. That sound any good? this is the first company to respond to me but they seem to be pretty good to work with. Promised that they would have salt all season and they never run out. Could be good, What kind of prices are you guys getting so far?

2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I was told 2 weeks ago the prices s/b avail by last week of August. I happened to ask what it was last year and was told $90 p/ton FOB Brooklyn.

3. teebo95

teebo95 Junior Member

i got a price today of 85 delivered from the docks

4. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

One of my suppliers sent me $85/ton tandems quoted last week, never got back to see if there was an additional delivery. Problem is I have no where to store as I am still holding 12 tons from last season. I'll give you 115/ton to load me as needed near town.;)

5. shelvie

shelvie Junior Member
    from NJ

I'm interested in picking up a ton at a time, morris/sussex border.. anyone interested in selling by the ton? how much picked up?

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

We've been selling at $90ton (20ton min.) for the past two months. I am sure prices will be going up by December again.

7. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I have a source around 80 a ton.......PM for info

8. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

Im getting delivered $82 and change per ton.Coming from delaware id say you $90/ton delivered sounds good.

9. shelvie

shelvie Junior Member
    from NJ

would anyone sell me a ton at a time? I'l pick up