1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt needed NE ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Landmark1, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Landmark1

Landmark1 Member

Looking for bulk salt in north east Ohio.

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

good luck!! i found one place that has any and he will sell it for $600/ton and hes sitting on 75-100 ton

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Who is that guy? What a jerk! That is not cool! How do people live with them selves? No one can afford that! All of the suplliers have got way out of control!:realmad::angry:

4. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Gouging

$600 per ton is out of control. What is bad is someone will pay that price. This is the third time in my 35 years of snow plowing that we have been cut off.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Just heard that the county I live ran out of salt and their supplier said not a chance on getting salt!

6. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

State of the Salt Business

On Friday the 29 of February I placed an order with Morton. They told me the following.

As of today we are suspending all salt sales to contractors in North America. All municipalities that have met there quota will be suspended also. Only municipalities that have not purchased there allotment will be sold salt. We will enter your order and when we start shipping salt to contractors we will call and see if you still need it. This information originated from the Chicago Morton Salt Offices.

Cities are running low and some have run out. The local city here is low on salt and orders are not coming in as usual. That pretty much says it all. If you don't have it you wont get it. But we just had a record snow fall for the month of Feb, 25+ inches of salt and our average is 9. Monday is for cast to be 55 degrees F. Then an ice storm is for cast for Tue and Wed.

The snow business, controlled by the weather that no one can control !

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008