1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bulk salt needed in northern mi.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by grf_1000, Oct 9, 2009.

1. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

who has bulk salt that will deliver to gaylord mi. maybe 50-60 ton or more

2. CSP#1

CSP#1 Member

Where in Gaylord do you need salt?

3. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

a few places. 3 of us need some

4. CSP#1

CSP#1 Member

The answer I got was Alpena or Saginaw. Most likely there isn't any more available from either at this date.

5. standenc

standenc Junior Member

Alpena is out and bay city, saginaw is to last that i knew morton salt in detroit had some

6. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Lotsa salt in Canada. I ordered a tractor trailer load and the receptionists asked me, how many loads I wanted. Im sure theyll go cross border

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

There is a place in Evert and Standish but I don't know the name of them. I will try and find out for ya.

8. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

that would be great,, thanks

9. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

that would work too as long as the price is right.

10. azandy

azandy Member

Green Bay has salt. If you buy it from the dock it is about $120.00 per ton. That is quite a bit more than I contracted it for but they have it. I do have people that will truck it if you are interested. They went to Kentucky last year to get some.

11. CSP#1

CSP#1 Member

You are on this site asking everyone else where you can buy bulk salt in Gaylord. Then when a couple of suggestions are made, and you say it sounds good "IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT".

Just a thought here, wouldn't the time to get your supplier and price for salt nailed down be BEFORE the bid went in? Perhaps it is just me, but this method of doing business is why this industry is so messed up.

12. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

Ever think maybe it was a last minute call for me to bid the account and I don't have the salt pre bought? Maybe its people that jump to conclusions and slam someone with not knowing the whole story? Yes I have enough for my jobs but sorry 125 a ton is out of my price range for me to do a good job. I'd rather pass up the account then have people say I don't do a good job. You run your business your way and I'll keep my good rep around here. Thank you

13. CSP#1

CSP#1 Member

It is hard not to jump to conclusions on this site. Nice to hear you have a good rep. Must not do much work though if you only need 125 tons for a season. You get an waful lot of snow up there.

14. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

not a big need for much salt, only a few places want it. most want sand only or a salt/sand mix. that makes it go a lot further.

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ever been to Gaylord in the winter Mike?

I wouldn't think they'd salt much of anything.

16. CSP#1

CSP#1 Member

I don't know Gaylord. I don't know anything. I thought I did. Once. Maybe.

17. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

try michigan saltussmileyflag

18. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

Thanks everyone. I have it covered.

19. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

PULEEEZE.......you have forgotten more than many will ever learn.:nod:

Believe it or not, it is meant to be complimentary. :salute:

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You know what I meant, I think.

It's a different world up there other than 75 and M72, they just don't use that much salt. Cuts off the ability of the snowmobilers to travel from parking lot to parking lot.

I know you know a lot. And TCLA is correct.