1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Needed! Cincy Area!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Drottlawn, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I and some of my fellow plowers are looking for multiple truck loads. All of our suppliers are out. Any help?

2. yell llc

yell llc Member

try bzak landscaping and evans landscaping in newtown

3. SF Supply

SF Supply Junior Member

I have bulk on my dock in Lorain, Ohio. Give me a call at 216-904-6538. Its moving fast but may be able to help you.

4. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

sf, how much per ton shipped down around here dayton/cincy?

Evans had plenty yesterday. We picked up 11 tons and they said they have a few barges on the river waiting to be unloaded. They said they will have salt the rest of the year.

5. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

You mind telling me what you paid a ton. ;)

6. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

95/ton picked up. Cheapest I could find around dayton was 125. Evans did inform us that it would be 140/ton delivered, which is insane. :p

7. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I figured! He is a gouger! Best offer I got right now is 110 delivered from cleveland.

8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Damn...Glad I work in Cleveland!

9. IndyPlowman

IndyPlowman Junior Member

Those prices are better than the Indy prices...

10. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

call K E Rose company in huber heights/dayton 95/ton picked up

11. yell llc

yell llc Member

bzak is either 80-90 picked up.... cant remember

12. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

You believe their measurements? They are notoriously sheishters. I wouldnt buy a peanut from them - I bet they would find a way to screw you on that deal too.

13. yell llc

yell llc Member

agreed.... had issues with them on mulch. bzak on the other hand is very generous with all of their products. one yard of mulch is 1.5 yards anywhere else. the same goes for salt.... the bucket is heaped over

14. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I strongly agree! I would rather buy table salt to spread instead of buying from Doug Evans.

15. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I cautioned a friend of mine when he went down to pick up a load earlier this week. Told him to make sure it was weighed. Surprised when he said it was weighed. At least he has salt to sell, just cancelled 4 loads frotm one of my suppliers that I have been waiting for 2 weeks. I suppose I would have seen them in April. Thanks Central.

16. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

When you guys are talking salt is that actually salt or a ice melt product? I am wanting to find some bulk ice melt to use so I can just stock one product. I use bagged stuff right now but want to get my suppliers lined up for next winter so I can be prepared. Also how do you guys store your product? I was thinking I would just put it on the ground and cover with a tarp. I'm going to use the highway divider blocks as walls to keep it contained. Would you guys recommend a pad or is the ground good enough?

17. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

i would put it on blacktop.

18. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Thats who screwed me over too! Still waiting on loads from them.

19. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Never had a problem with them untill this year when the new sales guy came to town. Worthless

20. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Some one has 15 ton for sale on Cincy Craigslist, just see it today, its in the buisness section...
    Here is the add...

Bulk Salt for Sale - $1500 (Exit 13 off of 75)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-02-08, 11:33AM EST
    Reply to: sale-7hsfu-2203462722@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm selling 15 tons of salt that I've recently purchased. If you are interested, please call 513-769-5999. I'm in and out of my office, so please leave a detailed message with your name and phone number. I will return your call promptly. Price is somewhat negotiable.