1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt NE Ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by T-Trim, Jan 13, 2009.

1. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

I had a meeting with one of the cities we do contract work for and I ask the director of the service Dept and he said "I can't get any more salt right now". And to add to that he still needs more to finish the year with. Does anybody have that going around you?

2. TRKling

TRKling Member

Salt is still out there. Kimber has salt, as do others. It's all a matter of what you're willing to pay for it vs. its availability.

That community you work with should be able to buy some of the 100K tons ODOT released for cities to purchase (if still available), but as I understand it, they have to find a way to truck it from X location back to their place.

3. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

No issues here we just order 600 tons for resale .

4. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

What happen is the city didn't go with ODOT in the contract. They are part of a local contract sometime like 36 other city are part of. I don't know if the total of 36 is also including private companies too.

5. GLS1

GLS1 Inactive

t-trim,

We have found a pretty sound supply of salt here in northeast ohio at reasonable rates. if your interested send me an email at l.jabbour@hotmail.com and i will pass on some info. Thanks Chris

6. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Have whomever from the city you are working with call me. I do have some salt available. If your city ends up buying the salt from ODOT (usually out of the ODOT Warrensville yard) I would be willing to truck it to them. I've done this for one city so far and have quotes several others. I can also provide a piler if they need one.

Dave
    216-904-6538

7. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

I'll drop a line to him. Than it will just be up to him to figure out what he want to do.
    I'm just luck I decided to buy double from last year BS.

Thanks