1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Quality1, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Quality1

Quality1 Member

We have 50 tons of bulk salt for sale. 110.00 per ton picked up in Muskegon 49440 or we can deliver as well. Must call our office at 231-893-8812
    Ask for Darin/George.
  2. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

110.00 per ton....price gouging considering a ton cost us 55.00....
  3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

That price wasnt gouging anyone about three weeks ago was it? If you are not interested how about not giving your 2 cents.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Price is back down to $65-$70 range here in the Detroit area. I guess you missed the "demand" part of price & demand
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

We have places literally giving it away now here in ohio. $110 for a ton is a joke. My .02.
  6. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

yupper sure is.
  7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

See it all comes around like Karma. They had to pay more to get it and in tell raise there prices and now they have all of this salt left over and trying to make money.Well at least what they payed for it from the supplier. Now they are going to lose on it and in the end come out even or at least not as ahead as they were during the big shortage. It all works out in the end like seasonal contracts. Some months are heavy and some are light, but those heavy ones make up for the light ones. So every one wins in the end. Just a thought...

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Have you considered calling the county and asking if they'd be interested in it? I know they'd atleast consider it. And you might be able to get them to pay more if you load it and they haul it. Just a thought?!.
  9. snoking

snoking Senior Member

Im sure he doesnt NEED to get rid of it. cant knock them for trying to make a buck.
  10. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

cant it be stored for the summer?? just put it up on skids lay down polt first, then cover it up?? just a thought
  11. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Cost you $55.00 per ton because our ding-bat Govenor sold you all of are surplus!
  12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Good luck with that! I would find a way to keep it for next year.