1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt in Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Cormegfarms, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Cormegfarms

Cormegfarms Junior Member
    from WI

Supplier just called and told me that I will not be getting the salt that I ordered. Does anyone know of any suppliers with salt available in Central Wisconsin?
  2. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

From what my supplier told me is that most of us will NOT be able to get ANY salt this year. I don't know how that's going to work if someone slips and falls and tries suing you for neglect when we can't even get the salt, I wouldn't call it neglect on the contractor, our hands are tied. It's not like were not salting because it costs us to much money it's because we can't get the crap. There was a huge salt mine in the Detroit area and a german company just bought it and shut it down that's why it's even harder to get it now.
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

There are ads on Craigslist...have to be willing to pay for it though.
  4. Frank's

Frank's Junior Member

How much are you looking for?
  5. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

how much are you looking for. where are you located. how much can you hold
  6. Cormegfarms

Cormegfarms Junior Member
    from WI

Thanks guys. I found some and it sure wasn't cheap. Looking for someone that I can contract it through for next year.
  7. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

depending on how much you use , i think the minimum is around 500 ton, but you can get ahold of who ever controls the port nearest you. Im in sc wi and there were guys hauling out of the twin citys for salt. I would try there or try maybe greenbay im sure there is someone with a big pile you could buy from. but start looking now for next year. This is only going to get worse. Most of the guys now want it paid for in full at order.
  8. MidwestSalt

MidwestSalt Junior Member
    from Batavia

You can send me an email with how many tons you are looking and where you need the bulk salt delivered then I can provide you a quote.

9. d&penter

d&penter Junior Member

We are located in SW Wisconsin and can also provide you a quote on bulk or bagged salt. pinkicemelt@gmail.com