1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt in vbox hopper

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by alternative, Feb 9, 2008.

1. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

How long can you leave salt in a hopper in a vbox . The truck is stored inside a garage.
    I ve done it for a day or so and no problems. Just wondering if it will be ok for like 4-5days.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i used to leave treated salt in the box for 2-3 weeks before in our heated shop withiout problems.... the v boxes are stored in an unheated shed now so it goes back to the bin if any is leftover.

3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I do the same as JB. Most of mine are inside though ...if not back to the bin.

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Shaun
    when we were down the street from you on Little Mack, we had a couple times it was suppose to snow and it did'nt. We left the trucks loaded inside the building for 3 days with no problems. We did have heat, thoug it was only at 50 deg. Salt likes to attract moisture!!! JOHN

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

inside where it cant freese or get wet it should be fine for a while