1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt in or near Grand Rapids, MI?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RYDER, Nov 21, 2007.

1. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Does anyone in or near Grand Rapids MI sell bulk salt by the load? I found one place in Hudsonville that sells bulk salt, But there is a 50ton min buy to start and I would have to store it and load it my self. My company is not that big yet.
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

How much do you need?? You might be hard pressed to find someone to store and load you 24/7.......
  3. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I am not sure probably around 4 to 6 yards, But I do not have anything to store it in or a loader to load it with.
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Four to six per nite?? I know one guy in the airport area that uses just a bit but I'd start calling around to other landscapers to see if you could buy from them. But if you used 5 per nite you'd probably pay about 3 to 4 thou premium over the year - maybe think about putting that money towards storage and loading capibilities.....

Did you price subbing it out??

If 4 to 6 per year, just buy bagged, save the aggravation.
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Per night or year?
  6. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Grandville Tractor sells it, and loads it