1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bulk salt in ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bridge577, Oct 25, 2005.

1. bridge577

bridge577 Member
    from ohio

I'm picking up a V box salt spreader. I live in summit county or near akron Ohio, I am having a hard time finding bulk salt any help would be appriciated.
  2. Greensway

Greensway Member

You do not have a location specified - Ohio is pretty big, but if you are near Toledo or Avon Lake - Kurtz Bros
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

around youngstown area masonary material plus
  4. kasper

kasper Junior Member

Bencin Trucking In Richfield Which Is Summit County Or If They Are Closed At Nite I Can Help You. I Am Just Down The Street From Them
  5. Steve Brubaker

Steve Brubaker Junior Member
    from 44313

I got Salt

You finally made it. I used to throw up 4 skids or 9600 pounds every time it snowed. I finally bought a couple of v box spreaders and not only quaddrippled my profits but avoided the chiropractor. This was the best investment I ever made and saved alot of gray hair. I have salt bulk in Akron at 73 Mulberry off firestone parkway and wilbeth. 62.00 a ton. We are the only place to get it in Akron. You have a couple others that say they are open after hours , weekends, and holidays but they will never be their for you, I know from experience. Call me and I will talk to you all about salt in the 45 mile radious. last year we had 10 trucks running. I love to plow snow and salting is the icing on the cake.330-867-7424:yow!:
  6. bridge577

bridge577 Member
    from ohio

I finally got to use my v box I am in love, My new accounts are very demanding and I couldn' t imagine loading 4 tons a night from bags. Thanks for the info on the salt two questions for ya is your salt sprayed with calcium and I have a guy in akron loading me but if somthing happens or we run out can I call you for a back up
  7. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

I thought you were having a hard time finding salt, till I read your last post??????????????
  8. zsqure

zsqure Junior Member

If you have a dump truck and can haul it yourself go to Whitestone (It's called something else now.) on highland road off route 8 they sell bulk salt. Otherwise Paul Adelman trucking or Bencin Materials there is someone else we use who gives 24 hr service.
  9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Steve you beat me to him, I was going to send him your way. I'm loving the snow. Steves Right Bulk Salt is the way to go.