1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt in MN! Who do you all buy from?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Shop's Lawn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

Looking for more options on bulk salt suppliers in MN/Western WI.
    Who are you guys buying from?
    Thanks

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

3. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

advantage im assuming you have good dealings with them since you posted this. I just set up an account with them. This is our first year salting and they had the best prices and the phone calls and what not have been great service. Which site do you get salt from?

4. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

who are you working with? i just called them and they said their sold out for year

5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

They have been good to deal with. We don't get it directly, but from their local distributor who is also good to work with. Every area should have a distributor which can get you salt even if NA Salt says they're sold out.

6. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

We are dealing with a distributor in St Paul. I am still in the early stages. I called NA salt spoke witha rep he told me I can get direct but there site is in Duluth and trucking obvioulsy makes the price to high. So he told me about there distributor in St Paul I am working on that now just sent some more info in today.
    Snowman I will let you know what I hear back.