1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bulk salt in Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fastcarz3, Aug 25, 2009.

1. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

where is all the Long Island guys buying there bulk salt from? last year my partner handled the connection for salt this year we are no longer together in business. tried emailing american salt got no response. another place wanted a minimum of 1000tons im looking in the neighborhood of 50-100 depending on the price.

2. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I had a qoute of $93. p/ton fob Brooklyn from Shoenberg.(plus trucking) Where are you on the Island?

3. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

nassau county, jericho. is there a minimum on how much you need to buy?

4. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I priced at 25 ton with an option of sending a trailer for 40+. Delivered to eastern suffolk was around $114 p/ton. May be less on your location. Shot ya a pm

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

fastcarz... how much are you willing to order?

6. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

stan, i could take up to 100tons

7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I could use the same as well to start. did you get my PM with my phone#? If not pm me & I'll call you. If Snowmelt2006 would help us out here rather than sell 4-500 tons it would be a good thing. After all we are not a municapality, just small guys trying to make a buck.

8. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

stan, i got your number will give you a call around noon on monday got another guy looking into salt coming in from jersey docks, see if we can work something out.

9. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I have a connection with a trucking company if anyone wants to split an order....

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

How much are you looking to get and where are you located? My delivery would be near Riverhead. Can ya get us trucking cost's from New Haven?

11. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

My friend usually runs dirt and materials for excavation companies... needless to say they're not as busy anymore could probably get good rates...

12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Sounds alot like us. I run a truck as well mainly on the east end. The company has 2 sand trailers and 6 10 wheel dumps, excavators, etc. Cutting us down to a 4 day work week...not good this early in the year. They used to haul salt years ago but stopped because it was creating havoc on the trucks. I asked the boss but if we can a group purchase I'll ask again.