1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk salt in Iowa

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by IA snoman, Feb 3, 2008.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I am looking for bulk salt in Central Ia. Does anybody know where I can get some?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check the city maintenence shed. They may sell you some.Town I am in will sell it to us locals.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

don't you guys get it out of Chicago?
  4. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Salt is hard to find this year i picked up a load last week and was told that i was the last private contractor to get a load out of the lacrosse port they said they are shutting down sales and only selling to municipalities. Good luck with your salt search
  5. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Nobody around my area uses bulk salt except one contractor and they are not dependable to buy from if they would sell at all. Everyone else including me uses bagged salt or bulk sand from the pit. Salt isn't all that popular around here :dizzy:. I guess they are gonna have to be sued to realize how good it really is.
  6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It comes from the river terminals Jay
  7. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have some I could part with, how much are you needing. I can load ya and have a scale close by. Let me know
  8. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Do you sell or just have some of your own stock pile you are wanting to get rid of?