1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bulk salt in CT

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CAG80, Dec 6, 2006.

1. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

this year I'm looking to mix my own sand and salt due the fact the places around here really skimp on the salt.. does any one know of any names of places where i can get straight salt. The sand is not hard to find but if anyones knows of a any places with really good deals this year that would be great too. we can pick it up, so the places don't have to offer delivery but it would be nice.. thanks in advance..

2. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

3. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

thanks a lot im going to call around tomorrow..

4. daninline

daninline Senior Member

what is the going price for bulk.
    I got offered a price for 20 tons

Thanks,

5. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

i called around this morning and the best i found was int salt in new haven... 59 per ton picked up 8 per ton min, 25 a ton min delivered.. what I'm planning to do is use butler const in portland CT 38 per ton sand salt mix 1 to 4.. i will prob get a tri axle load del and keep it on hand but get the trucks loaded their, because we have accounts in that town.. the best price i got for sand today was 15 per ton i was like WTF just two months ago i was doing a septic system and approved septic sand cost me only 12 per ton... in a week or two i when i have more time i might do some more shopping around but this is the way I'm leaning toward now..

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

butler has sand/salt mix ready to go on site? I live just a few mins away and didnt even know lol... ive been going up to a place in rocky hill for mix (havnt been there to see the prices yet this season)

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I live in rocky hill. Where do you go, Vacinos? and what price are you paying because i havent found anyone that cheap

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I have a trucking co that will sell me 20 tons of salt @ around 25 a ton.
    I will recheck this today.
    is this a good price.

thanks

9. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

If that is really the price and includes delivery....Jump on it in a second and send me their number

10. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

daninline,
    I am very interested in your contact for salt. Could you contact me David@LenzLandscape.com. I would buy sometoday.
    Thanks Dave

11. CAG80

CAG80 Member
    from ct

thats the best price i ever heard of.. if u could post the co. name or # that would be great.. thanks..

12. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Originally Posted by daninline
    I have a trucking co that will sell me 20 tons of salt @ around 25 a ton.
    I will recheck this today.
    is this a good price.

Sorry, put in an old email, new is David@LenzLandscapeService.com. Still would like a contact name and # for this price.

13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Fair Weather Acres on Cromwell Ave in Rocky Hill is where i have gotten it in the past. I didnt go there last year because i dropped my biggest sanding job. I saw they had a pile out back so im assuming you can still get it from them, I havnt had a chance to swing by and find out.

14. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Well now he's changing his tune he said he miss quoted me :nono:

Now he's telling me that sand is 20 per ton and salt is 70.
    I hate games.

I think he was just trying to get me to plow his drive for cheap.

15. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

That sounds more realistic