1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bulk salt in ct

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vmj, Nov 1, 2014.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

looking to get a load out of gateway.... does anyone have a number for there, I checked on line and called a number ,but girl said they did not deliver....... had to call salt supplier..... which I thought they were......

2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

They most certainly deliver, I forget the minimum. That's also where get salt during storms. They load pickups

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

that's what I been told... I always did sand salt mix.. looking to do straight salt this year...

4. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Hmmm let me dig around for a phone number. Stand by

5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

You called GT road salt number my guess is. Yes she is correct you need to contact the salt suppliers using that number. The whole sale yard number is 203-562-3312 after 9am. He will get delivery for you 20 ton min might as well take the whole load around 24ton. I'm not sure about time frame as they are running the town's now. Mine all delivered before sept 1.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

From my contact. "He needs to call our wholesale yard, Billy Bruno, 2035623312 tell him to tell Billy I said to call him. We only do large orders, state and towns out of our terminal. Let me know who it is in case Billy mentions it to me. ". if you want to mention to find out her name PM me. either way. If you want PM me your name and I can see if he calls about you.

7. fireside

fireside Senior Member

GT is not the salt supplier! They are the port/stock pile. Morton, international are the suppliers. The salt company's bid the towns/big buyers and GT handles all the logistics after that. They due sell GT road salt on top of the others all that comes from south America.

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thank You....

9. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I PM you but im not sure if it went through......