1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BillyRgn, Nov 5, 2013.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Anyone know what the going rate is on bulk salt and magic salt in southern Connecticut, I have to get a tri axle load as soon as I get the spot cleared out in my yard and was wondering the best place to get it from or what I should be paying per load or per ton.
  2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Gateway terminal New Haven.Gateway charges 68.95 ton plus del. Treated is somewhere around 90.00, not sure, don't use. Ed Evans Phone: 203-467-1997
  3. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Thanks that sounds reasonable, sounds a lot better than I had to pay a few times last year, the place I was using isn't open 24hrs so I had to use another place a few times and the were raping me at 130 a yard for salt and 175 a yard for treated, plus they would tack on an extra $5 a yard for after hours 4pm-8am. I'm just glad I have a machine at my shop this year.
  4. fireside

fireside Senior Member

GT is 69 per ton over 10 tons and treated is 96 per ton over 10 tons. They have only started hauling road salt to towns and the state. The whole sale yard still doesn't have salt.
  5. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

If you need Bulk give us a call and we can get you a rate either picked up or delivered.

Schoenberg Salt