1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt in Chicago/Northern Illinois

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NoFearDeere, Aug 10, 2013.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Where is everyone getting bulk salt and deicer from in the Chicago/Northern Illinois area and what are you paying? Im waiting for a price from Central Salt but havent seen it yet.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

IIRC Central was $85 for purple slicer. I'm buying it second hand b/c I don't have a place to store it. Pretty sure that's what it was though. That's delivered to NW IN from Lemont a semi load at a time.

3. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I would check a see if Russo would deliver out to you. They're by o'hare if it helps you any
    They range around 80 a ton delivered and they also carry Clearlane

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  4. NoFearDeere

How many tons do they haul at one time?

5. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

If I remember correctly a full load is 22 tons

6. NoFearDeere

Alright, guess I will wait to see what they say. Been a couple weeks since I talked to them and they said they would get me a quote.

7. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

They are usually real good about getting back to me. I'd call them again

8. bpersichetti

bpersichetti Sponsor

Contact Central Salt for pricing on bulk salt and bulk SnowSlicer and package ice melt products. 847-608-8130

9. NoFearDeere

How much is everyone charging for bulk applied? I got a quote finally from Central Salt for "bulk deicing salt" at $68.50 pr ton.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Double your cost

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

And honestly, spend the extra few bucks for the good stuff. I can give you several reasons why if you'd like.

12. NoFearDeere

Anyone know any supplier that sells the super sacks or totes? Central doesnt, and they got pissed at me when i said i wanted to go that route this year instead of doing bulk.

13. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Frick services in Burns Harbor sells super sacs of both white sale and Clearlane. Like everyone said, get the good stuff. You will not be dissappointed that you did.

14. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

try midwest salt in batavia. I used them last year and they were extremely fast and very reasonably priced...

15. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

http://kickapoocreeknursery.com/k-c-n-solutions/
    They do super sacks and totes as well as bulk check them out