1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt in A Speedcaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Andy N., Nov 5, 2002.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience running bulk salt through a Fisher Speedcaster (as long as it is DRY). I know it will have problems wet, but I will be able to keep it dry.

2. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

......................Yes I do!

We run many Western Pro Flow 1 units, all of which handle bulk salt, better yet, "wet" bulk salt just fine.

The trick is if your salt is wet, try to empty your salter at each site, especially if your drive time is great.

One attachment I am looking at is a vibrator.................anyone want to touch this???????????

ChicagoSnow

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Chicago,
    Do a search. There are a couple of threads here with various suppliers to check out for those.

Ditto your comments on not travelling with wet salt because it compacts & can freeze up. Made that mistake with my Pro Flo 2 once, once. (Johnny Dangerously?? LOL) We loaded it in the evening because the loader was there and the truck was there & then went plowing a bunch of closed locations that didn't need salting with the storm. So that truck finished that route at 3:00 AM and it was time to run back through and throw some salt down. Nope. Temps had dropped a little and after an hour of digging & chopping, still a block of useless, frozen, compacted from driving back & forth for hours salt, & time to switch to the back up plan. :realmad: