1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by forestfireguy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Guys,

Here's the deal

long range forecasts called in early February said snow snow snow......

There was also talk of a shortage.....HAHA. We filled our bins, and now we have 245 tons of salt on the ground(about 5 applications if we did everything) and not alotta snow in sight.

SO

If anyone wants to buy some salt on the cheap in Morris county, or Bergen county please advise. Will sell below cost, we cannot keep our bin installed in Morris county, we have 50 tons of treated salt there, and the rest in 3 bins around Bergen county. We do not have the space in our yards to keep this salt until next season. Would make really sweet deal for someone who wants it all, but I can't give it away.

Need to move about 190 tons out ASAP.........We can store 50ish through the year.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Man, and here I thought I was bad off with 500lbs left over from my last salt run.

I couldn't imagine having 190 tons to get rid of. If you were close and it to be cost effective, I'd take half of it off your hands and store it for next season.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Would you? Or are you just saying that? How much can you store? I may have some left over that I would sell for CHEAP.

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I'm in rock land I could take 50 maybe 75 pm me a price per ton
    I assume u still have a machine to load atria Axel

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ed,
    PM sent......

6. forestfireguy

Mick,
    Can't see pms on the phone. Will check it later.

Snocrete- start your own thread dude.......lol.

White- im in northern nj. Where are you?

Ed

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Didnt intend to jack your thread...guess I could have just pm'd white gardens......my bad, good luck with your sale.

8. forestfireguy

I was just kidding..

If you're closer and its doable go for it.....

9. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

PM me a price per ton and what its treated with.....

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I never got a pm with a price for 50-75 tons

11. forestfireguy

PMs Sent.......

12. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

I think trucking would kill me to buffalo ny . Let me know if you have a way to truck it this far.

13. forestfireguy

Actually guys, we ended up using most of it......Had a couple salting events the past week.