1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Hambrick & Co., Nov 21, 2007.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Looking for places to buy Bulk Salt in bags near south suburbs of Chicago any help would be great.

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Russos...............

3. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I am not framilair with Russos do they have a website? Where are they located? Thanks in advance for your help.

4. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

yes russo is the best place to go!!!

7. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

Mike,

If you are located on the south side you might want to try Town & Country Landscape Supply in Markham. It's probably closer look them up on the web.

8. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Been getting my bulk rock salt from Conserv FS for the last four seasons and they have NEVER left me without salt nor have they ever tried the Chicago bulk salt shortage in January of each year for the sake of running up the price.

All bulk salt is comming off the barge mostly likely in Lemont. Sunset did the carritage for the 4 loads I had delivered on Tuesday this week. Put up new bin this month and can hold 100tons in the yard now. That should last about 4 - 6 applications for my current routing. So about every other storm I can get re-supply keeping my pile clean and dry.

Bagged salt is hit and miss unless you get getting it by the truck load which I think is 22 pallets (not sure because I do not use bagged salt). I do know Conserv deals it bagged products too.

Ron G.