1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt and Pallet Pricing KC MO Area

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Garbs Jr., Dec 6, 2015.

1. Garbs Jr.

Garbs Jr. Junior Member

Looking for anyone with info on the best bulk salt pricing as well as pallet salt in the KC metro area. Currently at 125/ton bulk and around 200/pallet. Any info is appreciated. We dont have the ability to store large quantities so i'm looking for /ton pricing for bulk.

Thanks!!

2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I saw on CL bulk for $65/ton, but I can't find it any more. There are a couple ads for $75/ton, but it looks like 24 ton minimum. I think True North and Martz Bros sell bulk, but I'm sure they're priced high. Try also putting your question in the Kansas and Missouri networking thread.

3. Garbs Jr.

Garbs Jr. Junior Member

$75/ton would be amazing. I really do appreciate the info and the bump to other threads.

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't bought bagged salt in a couple years, but when I did, it was from American Midwest Distributors - 1 Design Drive*
    N Kansas City, MO 64116 (800) 892-5868. Their prices were always good and sales staff were great. They also could sell bulk in 25 ton loads shipped direct, so none in stock to buy as you need it.

5. Garbs Jr.

Garbs Jr. Junior Member

Im gonna give them a shout and see what they can do for me. Id love to buy 24 tons of bulk but were running Boss TSG800 tailgate spreaders and its a bit easier to load a pallet of bagged salt right into the bed and roll. Might be time for a vbox! Anyways I really appreciate the info!

6. derekslawncare

Tom is the owner. Great guy. When I was buying from them, he gave me his cell so I could get him on the weekends after hours if needed. I started out same as you, with a TGS. It sucks having to load when you're standing in the bed trying to put salt in the spreader with it sleeting like hell w/o slipping and doing a header out of the back of the truck, but you gotta start somewhere. So glad I have a V-box now, just flip a switch and you're spreading.

7. Garbs Jr.

Garbs Jr. Junior Member

Yeah pretty much nailed it right on the head there. Before we were pushing hoppers around lots and I cant tell you how many times I thought to my self "what the heck am I doing out here right now." We jumped into the TSG's and we're already looking for more capacity. Has to be a good feeling carrying around that much salt and not having to worry about stopping as often.

8. derekslawncare

Yeah, there's pros and cons to both. Bagged is easy storage and inexpensive to load but expensive to buy and a PITA. V-box, load once and done, but then requires more elaborate storage and you need a machine to load.