1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Salt Akron,Ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BuckeyeESPN, Jan 11, 2008.

1. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

I am looking for a bulk salt supplier located in or around akron. I have one but they are not a 24hr supplier. That is what we are looking for. Please let me know your price per ton as well..Thanks

2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I am also in the akron area I buy from earth and wood when they are open I have a small bin as well it just dosent hold enough salt so I would also be interested in finding some one 24-7 to supply salt

3. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Bulk salt

Earth n Wood is 24/7 supplier you have to call a number ahead of time and they charge an additional $25 for afterhours service.. Puts the salt around $90 a ton after hrs and during business hrs it is $65... That is the new stuff they will be getting in... But let me know if you find any other places...

4. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Thats who I buy from now the blue stuff is pretty nice. They are just pretty far away northcanton and norton I want to buy in akron

5. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

How much is it down in north canton? What have you been getting it for there?

6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

it was $55 a ton now it is $65 for the blue **** I like the blue though I can see it coming out better. There is a guy on arlington selling it 24-7 I am going to check it out today it is the same price at all earth and woods

7. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

Yea... they have the old stuff still at the barber road one. I have been asking around and have a couple people to call and see if they do. Let me know what you hear. I hate leaving salt in the box over night.