1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bulk magic in fisher spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by home rescue, Jan 18, 2004.

1. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Gonna go try some magic have been researching here on plowsite. Some say its great a few say its no different than regular salt. well anyway just wondering, it is much much cheaper to buy bulk magic salt, and i have a fisher1000 tailgate sreader,swing away mount, Can i use bulk magic instead of bag magic in my tailgate spreader?

2. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

I recently tried the magic in bulk without very good results. I had two loads of it freeze solid in the back of my truck, It was totally covered by my tonneau cover. It was fine for the first few days but then it turned solid, we had to get it out with picks and hammers. I will say my local distributor was very helpful and even helped me chip out the first load. I will go back to bagged salt for now.

3. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

thanks, but hate to here that 1 ton bulk 78.00 or 1ton bagged 50# bags 408.00. Wonder if i could use my bagged salt spray with magic in the hopper while loading salt. I'm in a pickle here, temps in the teens and lots of slush and water freezing and cant get calcium here in wv.