1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Cinder / Tailgate Spreader Question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MnDLawn, Nov 2, 2008.

1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

I am looking at an Buyers TGS06 Tailgate Spreader. Does anyone know if you can use straight bulk cinders in it. I'm not looking to use sand or salt as this spreader will mostly be doing community roads that only require cinders. If not what tailgate spreader would work.

2. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

No one uses bulk cinders in a tailgate?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  3. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Spreader

I don't think that spreader will spread bulk cinders, especially red cinders, maybe it might spread anti-skid from Atkinson materials, or Hanson has great anti-skid its the same stuff the state uses.

4. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

That's what I was looking for thanks.

5. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

What spreader do you think you're going to go with? I'm looking for a tailgate that will spread 3/8" limestone chips for traction on gravel drives. Not sure which tailgate won't get tore apart. Have a snow ex 575 but I think that the chips are a little aggressive for that.